Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCD-1983 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji335i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCD-1983 View Post
I understand the hesitation, but I didn't hesitate to jump in the cold water to purchase these keys!
The installation of the communication module is a breeze in LCI F10 models, here are the instructions, takes only 10 minutes tops and everyone can do it.
The removal of the CAS4 is rather easy as well, it's held in place by one single screw, see picture below.

To sum it up, after performing every single step myself:

1. Connect communication module
2. Remove CAS4
3. Ship CAS4, new display key & 1 original key to locksmith
4. Re-install CAS4 and enjoy!!!

Changing plugs might be a challenge on these cars, but certainly not having a nice display key.
Hi there

Just seeing if this retrofit is easily done on a pre lci f10?
I'm keen, plus I saw the kies motorsport to install but no link to where to buy?
I know I'm slightly late to the table but any help would be great
It's quite an easy installation, just a little bit more wiring work than in LCI models. All 07/13 and up models with NBT simply require a plug connection directly to the iDrive controller. All pre-LCI models require a hook-up in the dome light area, but it's DIY.
Finding display keys online is rather easy, but locating a high quality version that can be successfully programmed to our cars is a huge challenge. I purchased several display keys before I found a reliable source.
Who was your reliable source buddy?
Appreciate the explanation I'm unfortunately CIC
M340i xDrive Top Mount big single in the works
Appreciate 0