View Single Post
      02-11-2017, 04:06 PM   #36
DenverF10M5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by guarnibl View Post
I've used it -- works great. Honestly I wouldn't hesitate to lease a new M550xi once the lease rates are good. I'd put $4-5k down on it and do ED. Then once the M5 was out I'd throw it up on swapalease. As long as your payment is low ( don't option the car heavily ) you'll be able to dump it fast. Ownership cost on a monthly basis will still be high but you'll come out ahead over buying and taking that first year depreciation hit.
I'm not so sure I would put anything down on a lease. Sure it will bring down your monthly payment, but there are more downsides to putting a down payment on a lease. Instead, I would look into putting that money towards the MSD's and bring down the money factor. Then when you put the car on Swapalease you could potentially negotiate with the buyer to give you part or all of the MSD money at the time of transfer, since he/she will get that money back when they turn in the lease.

On a side note, it's too bad the residuals on the 2016 M5 are so low right now. Residuals were up around 65% a few months ago. I believe they're at 55% right now with a .00134 MF.
Appreciate 0