View Single Post
      10-20-2021, 07:36 AM   #5612
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
DPMS was originally a MN company and fairly local to me. I've deployed with guys that have worked for them and when they were still a MN company the quality was good and they were the rifle to get. I cant speak much for them now that Remington owns the brand and manufactures them. I have a DPMS 5.56 that I got when it was still a MN based small town company. It is true that the springs they come with are stiff and noisy. The only issue I have with it is it ejects most casings to the 1-2 o'clock position vs 3-4 o'clock, but it cycles fine so I haven't messed with it.

5.56 PMC 55gr seems to shoot just fine, boxed AE 55gr shoots fine, but AE Federal 62gr green can ammo jams at least once every few mags.

.223 always seems to shoot fine regardless.

I've never shot frangible ammo through it, but it's likely that they don't have enough pressure to cycle the bolt properly, especially with the stiff spring of the DPMS. We have this problem with blank ammo even after using the blank adapter. Granted blanks are quite a bit less pressure, but same principle.
Oh, the DPMS was a different gun that I got.

I was telling Murf about another gun - the Canuck Operator, its a 12G semi patterned after the Benelli M4. The operator has stiff springs, but it was also chewing on some pretty crappy ammo by the sounds of it too.
Appreciate 1
Murf99314114.00