10-19-2012, 08:48 PM   #69
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsc23 View Post
My advisor actually is an enthusiast, thats why I chose to go over 60 miles away to buy from him. He drives an X6 with some substantial Dinan work done to it and has had bmw's his whole life. Turns out he is a fellow Boston College Eagle as well, although class of '74 versus my class of '98. My past sales guys have all been clueless, which is another reason I was willing to travel. I actually found him through his colleague, who was on this board until he went to sell AMGs (BMW1986).

I dont plan on waiting until the summer, I want out of my C63 in March when my warranty expires and going to Europe fall isnt possible with my wife's work and i have other trips in summer. Looking at the changes, if they even happen, it seems to be minimal imo. I can live with them, but still rolling the dice that changes are not drastic.
Nice to hear that you found yourself an enthusiast as a car salesman!

I believe the changes will be significant, not a complete changeover but significant enough to make the wait worth while (if waiting is an option).

At least with the F10 M5 LCI, you know you won't have an outdated M5 until at least 4-5 years. Even if a new 5 series comes out, the M5 will still be a year or 2 away from then.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0