12-02-2017, 03:20 PM   #34
CarlosM4
Lieutenant
Brazil
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Oh man, what a car... Im glad you did it and Im sure you get it when I say its a sense of ownership/accomplishment in getting one. Be sure to post more pics and thoughts please.

Wow, Carlos, I feel for you in regards to pricing and availability but you will be so happy upon delivery. In reality the base model carries all the performance options sans CCBS.

I have the acoustic package and kinda wish I didnt. It tends to isolate a little bit of the exhaust noise- not alot but just a bit. Last night my lady friend was rev'ing it while I was outside of the car so I could hear the exhaust. Wow this thing is crazy loud with barks and pops. I guess at VIR under the Lightning Lap test it was the loudest car at WOT.
Yeah I was not too keen on the Acoustic Comfort Package option, but it comes as standard here and I believe in Europe as well (even if you order). I just wish I could have the ventilated seats because it makes a pretty big difference on summer, nevertheless my current M6 doesn't have it and I can live without it. I also wanted the Selenite Grey Magno colour too and that awesome combination of brown interior with brown dinamica headlinger and S-Class flowing line woods, but since I can't have it, screw it LOL.

The sheer pleasure of driving this car, made me ignore all these little niggles. By the way, like you mentioned the exhaust on the E63 is the loudest among all 4.0TT AMGs. It is obscene and ridiculous that they fitted such a loud exhaust on an executive saloon. It made everyone deaf on the dealership yesterday.This is good for us car enthusiasts though our neighbours probably hate us hahhaha.

I am trying to schedule for a test-drive here to get a feel for the car on normal roads and conditions (since Brazilian roads are worse than the moon soil to ride on), but AMG has a ridiculous policy of not allowing test-drives here. But frankly I am happy that will be able to get my E 63 and enjoy it everyday all day.
This car is just an awesome daily driver, awesome build quality, incredible grip and performance, and great comfort. What more can you want from a car?

It made my M6 GC feel bland, a bit sluggish, boring and old. And the M6 is still 3 cuts above of pretty much everything I owned before (M5 F10, CLS 63, W212 E 63, W204 C 63, M3 E90).

Last edited by CarlosM4; 12-02-2017 at 03:25 PM..
Appreciate 0