5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
You're mixing apples and oranges.

First, I didn't mention anything about race cars, which are what are driven on road-courses.

Here, let me help.

Sports Car - street car with emphasis on fun, light weight, and handling
Muscle Car - street car with emphasis on power, drag racing on the street, or the strip
GT (Grand Touring) Car - street car with emphasis on giving the best of both previous worlds

Beyond that, you're comparing a newer Mustang to an old RX-7? An old MR-2? An old Miata? And on a road-course?

Mustang's were, at best clunky junk until very recently, and not nearly as fun to drive as the cars I have mentioned, and year for year would get their asses handed to them in that regard.
So I was trying to be gentle with you and use velvet gloves so that you don't get your panties in a bunch, but here we are anyway. Soooo ... Let me help you....

1) You're wrong. Race cars can not be driven on the street. Cars which go on a racetrack are more often than not street legal. Ever heard of HPDE? And there is something called a double-duty car, which can be driven on the street, and on the race track too! Mind-blown, right??

You follow me? Or do I need to slow down for you?

This brings me to my second point.

2) What do you consider an E9X M3? Muscle Car? Sports Car? Or GT Car?Based on your limited understanding of cars that is.

Here is 2011 "Clunky junk" as you put it matching an equal vintage M3 on a road course.

3) I know you're buthurt because one of the BMW icons of the era is matched by an American car half it's price, but all of it's performance. But that's life. It hurts.

and

4) My POS Mustang has defeated most of you list at the track with no issues. Oh, and if they tried to drag race, it would likely also go my way. And it did so with a baby seat in the back!

So I leave you with a bag of wieners, Sir. You know what to do with it.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE. Because race car!

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 05-19-2020 at 11:43 AM..
Appreciate 2
N54Yankee2707.00