View Single Post
      01-15-2015, 09:50 AM   #65
AstonMartian777
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 F06

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMS ALPHA View Post
In general the limit for connecting rods and power is dictated by torque. I have not seen a set of rods from this car not do I know how they are made so I cannot comment on this. I do know that being 8 cylinders, the torque is spread across a little better than the 6 cylinder GTR's. For example a 650 ft-lbs torque V6 is about 108 ft-lbs per cylinder, on the V8 that would be only 81 ft-lbs.

Also to clear things up, Dynamometers don't read torque at the wheels, they calculate engine torque through HP and engine RPM. 600 ft-lbs of torque at the wheels would make for a very slow car. That 600 ft-lbs get multiplied through the gearing, differential, etc to get to the wheels.

Martin Musial
I know n54 handle 700whp on stock internals, no one blew up yet.

Martin thank you for joining this thread, we're all patiently waiting for final results and turbo results, hopefully it will be sooner than we expect and we will see bigger gains than AMG 63 considering we have more bolt ons available for the s63tu, what do you think in regards to that ?

1. Do you think there's more HP to squeeze out with the set up, or this is where you at ?
2. Will full straight turbo back ktles, mufflerless be significant over the system on the test car ?
3. Do you have to drill in the ecu ? What are the risks we're taking ?
4. Is it possible to integrate methanol as it's convenient for every day.
Thanks !