View Single Post
      08-21-2014, 08:25 AM   #1
m6beast
Captain
Rep
Drives: stock m6

M6beast MSR Intake data

Well here it goes, just put my F10 M5 back to stock. Removed K&N drop ins and reinstalled stock filter and carbon filter.
BMS set back to MAP 0 "stock boost"

Once I run the car for a while to readjust then onto the dyno and some Vbox runs for some base data. Good thing is I dynoed my M5 in the past in stock form but with carbon filter delete. Now will have some real numbers to compare what the carbon filter delete gains truly are.

Also another good thing making sure custom intake will perform for both factory intakes, they are set up different between my M5 and M6. The M6 has the metal cap cover at the bottom where the M5 has the snorkel. I would think the snorkel would not help if you have RPI ram air scoops by not helping build compressed air. If anyone has RPI ram air scoops I recommend buying the factory metal cap and removing the snorkel for some better gains.

Here are some pics of stock intake preparation and comparing the the M5 and M6 intakes. Not sure the purpose in performance, I would think the covered hole would make more gains to help compress the air than trying to suck the air.

I will post data as its collected. As for pics that will come last until everything is completed for the the M5 and M6 might have to be set up different do to minor differences. Overall design will be the same.

My M6 was the first car I set up, but since it expects meth to run higher boost I felt its not as accurate as if the car was in stock form.
After months of R&D and changing MAF locations, pipe diameters, all sorts of bends and transitions finally no codes. The MAFs are so sensitive it was a bitch to get it right. I was at a point of just giving up because I was tired of getting every code you could think of.
That's why every other intake out there is as close to factory making sure oem fitment and a code less system.

And Finally No Codes! First start up running lean as Hell.
As lean as she was I was just as excited because I knew there would be huge gains to come. I knew i would have to go through the adaptation process for a couple of days do to the lean A/Fs. First couple of third gear pulls car was running low 14's and high 13's. I was like holy shit this thing gonna make some power. As the day progressed and more third gear pulls the richer it got. A/Fs back to normal high 11's low 12's. And let me tell ya it felt like I raised the boost by 1-2 lb.s Imagine my car was pushing 670whp and I noticed that much difference plus my intake was not stock before the custom intake. I had K&N's carbon filter delete and RPI Ram Air Scoops.

the power is insane and it just keeps on pulling all the way to redline. Not sure how much the meth is helping it but it ran consistent throughout the day. I couldn't wait to dyno. Finally got some dyno numbers and there she was 40whp and 30wtrq down low and 20-30 gains all through the mid range to redline. Imagine that's on a dyno that doesn't get the real velocity of the air as on the street. Who knows the true gains but thats what the Vbox will be fore.

Now for the true test my F10 M5! Should be a better test comparing a stock car with just a bolt on intake. Don't truly know what to expect and as for the two different stock intake styles of snorkel and covered metal will see if the car is not effected in any way.

Now to get the M5 to adapt back to its normal self, Damn I hate the thought of driving a slower car lol.

Have a buddy of mine that has a M5 would be a good comparison run before and after. Lets hope he accepts the challenge.
Hope you guys enjoy this post!
Attached Images

Last edited by m6beast; 09-04-2016 at 10:03 PM..
Appreciate 0