10-17-2019, 11:04 AM   #230
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
I’m sure if that’s the path they want to take why not? However, as a performance luxury brand, I think it only serves to water BMW down, which is what they have been doing the past 5 years or so. There are still beacons of light but I feel they may be disappearing too. I guess that’s why I ended up with Porsche after my last BMW. I’m still holding out hope.
Too many of you seem to think that BMW's main competition is Porsche. It's not. Audi and MB are their main competition as BMW is not a sports car company like Porsche. They are in the business of selling passenger vehicles that happens to offer some performance vehicles on the side. Heck BMW really doesn't even offer a high end sports car like Audi (R8). "You know I really love the R8, the sound of the V10, the exotic looks, the acceleration but I can't get past the fact that they sell the FWD A3" said nobody ever. IMO too many of you seem to be a little out of touch with the fact that it's volume people pushers that sustain BMW and not the M cars.

I can totally understand the thinking that offering FWD sedans tarnishes the brand but BMW's main competition took this leap years ago and have been profiting from it so it's hard to fault BMW for trying to expand their market because in the marketplace standing still usually means you are being left behind.
Appreciate 4
Weiman156.00
clee1982797.50
BMWRL596.00
Poochie9104.50