United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
Too many of you seem to think that BMW's main competition is Porsche. It's not. Audi and MB are their main competition as BMW is not a sports car company like Porsche. They are in the business of selling passenger vehicles that happens to offer some performance vehicles on the side. Heck BMW really doesn't even offer a high end sports car like Audi (R8). "You know I really love the R8, the sound of the V10, the exotic looks, the acceleration but I can't get past the fact that they sell the FWD A3" said nobody ever. IMO too many of you seem to be a little out of touch with the fact that it's volume people pushers that sustain BMW and not the M cars.

I can totally understand the thinking that offering FWD sedans tarnishes the brand but BMW's main competition took this leap years ago and have been profiting from it so it's hard to fault BMW for trying to expand their market because in the marketplace standing still usually means you are being left behind.
Well, color me confused as well as most Magazine reviewers because they always seem to pit BMWs against Porsche’s and BMW makes M models which are what exactly? Unless you’re a brand ambassador or in charge of BMWs marketing, I doubt you actually know their positions or market strategy either. But yes, because they are German manufacturers they all get compared against one another. 7 series vs S class or A8 etc.
Volume, bmw sells 2.5mm vehicl a year, Porsche sell 10% of that?

Clearly BMW sell a lot thing outside the M stuff...
Appreciate 0