04-05-2023, 02:18 AM   #4
ChampagneQrtzPapi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloverfield View Post
In the Bimmercode app, there is a predefined option called "Bluetooth Audio Streaming" in the Headunit ECU for the F10 M5 that can ostensibly be enabled through coding. Does anyone know if this enables the "Enhanced Bluetooth Audio" package the BMW made optional during the F10 production run?

When I tick the box and hit "code" the app tries to execute the update but fails at 50%. The headunit then becomes unavailable until the next ignition cycle and then works fine.

There is documentation online that walks through the process of switching the vehicle order from 6NH (basic BT) to 6NS (enhanced BT) via e-sys but I don't have the cabling or interface. Bimmercode has an expert mode with similar functionality, but I don't want to push code to an ECU if it wouldn't take a pre-defined coding update from the app.

If anyone's already been down this road, please let me know if I am missing something. Thanks!
Do you have more info on what the Enhanced Bluetooth Audio is and how it differs from the typical?
Appreciate 0