08-08-2019, 04:49 PM   #3
BeachM5nster
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister2d View Post
I wonder if it has something to do with changing the gap of the spark plugs.
incorrect gaps can lead to misfires yea 100% or maaaybe a lean code or other things idk everything

but thats not whats blowing motors.. irresponsible careless tunes by who knows who uploaded for OTS maps for use by whoever dumb enough to trust a phantom tuner's tune .. example: with the boost psi way too high to shit like 800wtq?l lol GTFOH!! lol. the well known limit for our stock dct is 600-650wtq

its real easy to bend a rod with a careless tune. we get peak torque @~1800rpm. so just boost it too high.. and floor it from a stand still.. boom bent rod.. or at any time under any load ..boom cylinder jumps out.

its horrible tunes from a cheap app with no one to be accountable.. so if i was a tuner why not have fun and upload crazy stupid motor exploding tunes for some moron with a $120k msrp car to download and thinks he is gonna kill the game with 200-300 horses for $500.. i mean: duh, no

i knew my data(to my knowledge)and got offered a flash tune from a bmw engineer thru a guy with connections. 750hp- 600tq.. so i knew it was legit bc numbers were within safe range.. oh and it's $3500..

Last edited by BeachM5nster; 08-09-2019 at 03:51 AM..
Appreciate 0