Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 CP M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnell1982 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMORGSM5 View Post
Think right now is to flush and clean the sensors off. Maybe there is something they have some up with. I'm on my 3rd DCT
Your 3RD DCT ?
Mind sharing how long each one lasted and what issue or codes you had at time of replacement ?

I have spoken with SSP about various "gear rod" codes and they stated to have assisted multiple clients with successful cleaning.
The valve body needs to be opened up and cleaned as well. Not just the sensor locations.
I am in the process of cleaning the valve body currently and will post my update on here
First one was replaced when car was stock because there was shudder when reversing the car, also replaced rear diff. To be honest they probably didn't need to replace it but I wasn't going to argue.

Second was a small plastic piece in the shifting fork that broke! Very critical component inside the transmission, could have been fixed but was able to get the third one covered, so why not get a new one for cheaper than the cost of labor to disassemble and replace a piece of plastic
Appreciate 1