View Single Post
      11-15-2022, 11:47 AM   #421
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I guess Lewis should’ve attacked Max after the race?
If Max would have been 1 lap behind, then maybe....yes.
Obviously Max actions after the race were wrong, but understandable. (and he got a penalty for it).
But Ocon's move was stupid and freakish. I mean, how many crashes in corners do you know between race leaders and backmarkers where the backmarker is trying to unlap himself?
And now compare that with the amount of crashes in corners between drivers that are fighting over an actual spot in the results.

That first one maybe happens once every 20 years? The 2nd example happens all the time, multiple times per race usually.

Yes, Ocon may unlap himself, but he may only do that unintrusively. Therefore as race leader you may expect the backmarker to abort his action.

I really don't understand why certain fans from a certain camp don't see the difference in situations between the 2018 VER-OCO crash and the 2022 VER-HAM crash.
These are factual differences in situations on which the rules are very clear..
Why is there a flag to alert a backmarkers that a race leader is about to overtake them, and there isn't a flag to alert a race leader that a backmarker is trying to overtake him. For some members here this is apparently food for thought.

Obviously Ocon knows all this so one even might question whether or not this was a willing move. Maybe setteling an old score or something (they have raced eachother for years since childhood).
Speculative, but who knows. They've never been friends.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 11-15-2022 at 12:10 PM..
Appreciate 5
NYG10680.00
M5Rick60010.50
DrFerry6728.50