11-16-2022, 11:25 AM   #459
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi R8

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I guess I don’t get this statement. I know you guys love Alonso, but I don’t see it. He’s borderline overrated since his comeback and is one of the biggest whiners IMO. He’s losing to Ocon in the standings so I’m sure the battles aren’t all Ocon’s fault. Ocon, Gasly and even Riccardo have all managed to get a win and Alonso has only managed to get one podium in that time frame since his comeback? Dude needs to check his ego, whine less and concentrate on driving more. I don’t see it getting any better with his move to AM, but we’ll obviously see next year.
I figured everyone was a fan of Alonso.

I don't think he's overrated at all - once he got the R25, he destroyed prime Schumacher/Ferrari.

He's on a similar level to Ric in terms of making absolutely atrocious business decisions but as a driver, he's easily one of the greatest of all time with a soiled resume because of those moves.

Ocon is ahead of Alonso for very obvious reasons and none of them are skill related. Fernando is 41 years old - he is still capable of winning a championship on the right team. I'm confident that Ocon will never win a championship or come close to it.
Appreciate 6
M5Rick60059.50
minn1914034.50
GuidoK10855.00
Autobacs1358.50
Mr Pete1596.50