View Single Post
      09-18-2016, 07:20 PM   #21
casualDIYer
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive M Sport

You're on a highway in an AWD vehicle surrounded by vehicles with 2WD. The car in front of you crashes into another car in front of him. What happens? You wait around for hours while they clear the wreck. You now magically move to a RWD vehicle and ...... Wait around forever for them to clear the wreck.

Every maker of car plays the same game showing you a more expensive version (ie AWD) of the same car getting out of trouble in some sort of 'wintery' condition. Problem with that? No other cars are in the commercial. Fantasy land.

RWD is fine. xDrive is fine. Neither make a significant in winter though. The idiot in a 2003 Civic on bald All-seasons who can't wait 30 minutes to get home and Twitter himself to death and is about to plow into your rear bumper is the problem. I'm not afraid of winter in any vehicle and neither are you. You mention you get a lot of snow so you know how to drive in it. You know as well as I, the weather isn't scary, it's other drivers who are scary. No option on any car would fix that.
Appreciate 1
jpnh1424.50