View Single Post
      12-01-2018, 04:49 AM   #2
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Ok here are a few methods to get your car on jack stands that I can think of if you dont have a super low profile jack, a lift, or quick jacks. Just be cautious as this can be risky and I will not be responsible for any bad out comes.

1) Jack the car up on the side jacking points like usual and put a few blocks of wood under the front tires or bricks, something sturdy and strong. Then the car will be high enough at the front for the jack to reach the center jack point. Do the same for the rear then you can use a circle or square pad jack to put a jack pad adapter on it and then place it under the jacking point. After that use the front center jacking point to lower the car onto the jack stands. For the rear use the control arm/subframe link spot (cant think of the word but here is the thread that shows ithttps://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1036675)

2) Jack the car up using the jack points, and instead of using jack stands place the car onto a ramp which are pretty cheap at local auto parts stores like canadian tire, autozone, auto value, princess auto etc. (Most of these places are canadian so go to a parts store local to you if these arent available.)

3) This may not be optimal but there are shops where you can rent a bay for cheap if the above options are not feasible.

I hope I was able to help out!
Appreciate 0