Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5 Competition Package

Garage List
1995 Porsche 911  [0.00]
2014 BMW M5  [10.00]
Question Attention: No Warning Tones

Hi there, I've done some searching around the boards and it seems like this is an occurrence that happens when the amp fails? Has anyone else here had this issue? My M5 is a '14 Comp Pack with B&O and when I start up the car, I get this warning on the center display:

Attention: No Warning Tone

And subsequently, receive no audio whatsoever from the speakers of the car. There are no chimes, no beeping, no radio/navi, and the center tweeter does not lift.

If I try to adjust any audio settings, everything automatically reverts back to default immediately. I used to have this issue every once in a while and the audio would eventually come back after driving the car for a little bit. After the audio came back, I still had to physically press the button to turn the audio back on and all would be back to normal. However, as of late, the audio has never come back.

I did notice, however, that this time, the audio cut out to "No Warning Tones" during a drive. The music was playing (not blasting, volume level at probably 1/4 to 1/3 of full) and then I heard a loud crackle coming from the rear before the audio completely cut out.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues with their M5?

Last edited by Washabi; 02-19-2019 at 04:55 PM..
Appreciate 0