View Single Post
      10-09-2016, 06:27 PM   #12
ClothSeats
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17 1LE

From the magazine:

Quote:
For similar money, BMW won’t sell you an M2 – which is a crying shame because, as you probably already know, it’s a crackerjack of a car that embodies all that is right about driving and BMW’s ability to make stuff for people like you and me.

It felt a little underpowered at times around the Red Bull Ring, but only in the perfectly pointless context of trying to instigate and maintain a third gear 75mph uphill drift. Otherwise this car competes with the Golf and Fiesta for sheer force of personality. The inherent rightness of the package – size, potency, orientation, grip – makes for a driving experience that leaves you wondering what more you could possibly want. Actually, I’m a fussy git, so I’d ideally like bigger brakes, more poke and a more supportive driver’s seat. And BMW would tell me to buy an M3.

And despite this being such a fun machine, I think I would still have an M3 instead. People are paying a premium for M2s in the UK that makes them more expensive than the faster, even more capable M3, and that’s just silly. But unlike the Focus RS, the M2 does live up to all the hype.
So he would rather have an M3 because some people pay markup on the M2? Then at the back of the magazine M2 is rated 9/10 and the M3 is 8/10.
Appreciate 1
mitoda66.50