12-04-2022, 07:40 AM   #168
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWILUVU View Post
If we are going to be academic, then put TCU at #4. Sure they are 1-loss. Seriously though, lets face it, there is no team on that top 4 which is going to beat Georgia. What kind of playoff is that. Is anyone really going to put money on TCU beating Alabama? I am sure this debate is raging all over the internet this crazy Saturday.
Alabama was highly favored in both games they lost this year so not sure betting lines matter much to seeing who belongs in the playoffs. And if giving credit to Bama for close losses, what about the 1-point win vs. Texas? The could be 9-3 just as easily at 11-1.

Like I’ve been saying, Bama had a down year for Bama and the SEC West had what was probably its weakest year in a long time. LSU’s 4th loss vs. UGA doesn’t help Bama. There is no objective measure that merits Bama being the first 2-loss team to get into playoffs this year.

I agree UGA is in a class of their own and should win everything again. I think it will be 1. UGA, 2. Michigan, 3. TCU 4. Ohio State. Ohio State wouldn’t be there without the USC loss and TCU played a good game so I think TCU stays at 3. Michigan - Ohio State rematch only happens if they both win first games.