View Single Post
      06-29-2020, 07:24 AM   #25
wcr3d
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i XDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
I have been living with my head in the sand lately.

Side story - My first work project fresh out of college was writing an 8-bit 8080 CPU emulator that ran on a 16-bit 8086 processor, to run CP/M-80 applications. The 8086 had 4 times the processing speed of the 8080, and even with the emulator overhead the apps ran faster emulated than they did native. Apps have come a long way since then, and I have my doubts on the performance increase between the Intel processors and ARM. Long story short, my vote would be for a Rosetta-type translator for running iOS apps on the Mac, since I don't see it as something that I need when I can just pick up an iPhone to run those apps.

Out of curiosity, did they finally break down and promise a touchscreen interface on the Mac?

I'm going through the same grief with my new 16" MBP. I have an eclectic collection of 32-bit device drivers and specialty software that is no longer available and was never compiled for 64-bit, and need to scrounge around the Internet looking for new software to do those same tasks.

It looks like Apple is herding Mac users over a cliff towards the post-PC and post-Mac era.....

Ah the old days. I’m sure most won’t understand what was said but I do!
They haven’t said anything about touch screen, I don’t predict it as that would undercut their tablets.
You know Apple, you live by their rules. They did it before, they’ll do it again.
I miss Steve Jobs.
Appreciate 0