05-11-2017, 12:54 PM   #29
Blkthght
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F10 M5 CP Singapore Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHouseWon View Post
It is firmer and steering response improved, and the cornering is definitely better, but stock was pretty good, I would say--the difference between kw/dinan and stock isnt out of this world, but is noticeable. The reason I say this is because it makes the car a little more nimble, it doesnt transform it into a Porsche (not that that was what I was expecting). Some of the reviews I've read on springs and/or sways were exaggerated
This is interesting to me because I too have read those reviews from other forum members and have wondered if there was some exaggeration going on. And I know you have a non-comp pack car, where the difference would be more noticeable. So for you to say this caught my attention. I have the comp pack car and I am on the verge of pulling the trigger on these dinan sway bars. But now my suspicions of there only being a de minimis benifit have resurfaced. I know the comp pack sways, which have a different part number from the standard sways, are stiffer than the standard. I already have the KW springs and have taken my M5 to the track 3 times so far. It handles fantastic for a 4400lb sedan (I had a session of follow the leader with a CLS 63 AMG and the guy couldn't catch me let alone pass me), but there was still noticeable body roll. So I wonder if the upgrade to the dinans, which should help with this, is even worth the expense. After all, you can only do so much for a big sedan such as the F10 M5.
Appreciate 0