05-16-2017, 03:09 AM   #40
carrera2RSL
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13M5F10 View Post
Stiffest front and middle setting rear
I have just spent three days on a car trip over lovely roads in North Wales, dabbling with a McLaren 675LT and 911. The issue I had at the start was the lack of control and balance on the limit as the car broke away it was usually quite out of shape and showing its weight. The balance still too heavy on the front with understeer and this is with full hard on the rear Dinan roll bars

I have experimented a lot with bump and rebound front and rear and now achieved a superb chassis balance. It stays in shape at the limit and the break away is balanced so a great deal higher and you can control the car when you break away easily under throttle

I now also run a higher rebound ratio and have increased the rear bump settings higher than the front to keep the nose tight

At normal driving speeds it feels dramatically better too, much better turn in and much more planted. The only thing I'd like to do is add a little more front camber but can only do this with a lot of expense

With stock suspension why are you running stiffer front and only medium rear, the car must feel understeer as you near the limit ?
Appreciate 0