View Single Post
      12-11-2020, 08:57 AM   #44
rockyfeller
King of NYC
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 CP

^^yea, I'd have to say that the cutoff on my car definitely isn't as sharp as it is in that video. I'm sure that it's just the nature of it being a US spec car.

This was discussed earlier, but the notion that there may be some kind of better baffles/shutters inside on the non-US lights may indeed be correct. How else can the cutoff be that sharp?

At least we do have the same swivel action and correct positioning of the headlights in those same varied conditions. But there's undoubtedly a lot of difference in the way the beam cuts off.

So this seems to be a hardware issue and not a software issue. Congrats BMW. You saved $5 per headlight while we paid $1k+ for the privilege. Lol. As if we expected anything else. I guess there isn't anything we can do except change to euro headlights. Not worth it to me but it may be to some.

I'm happy with at least the reactivity that the software provides. It's still "anti-dazzle" which is the whole point point. Worth the minor effort to code in if you ask me.

It's all good. The future is laserlight anyways. MB is on that projector light technology and Audi on Matrix tech. I look forward to a major leap on my next car. (BMW, you taking notes?)