Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S2000, MacanS, M4CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARKONE View Post
Absolutely not a snob. I respect the hell out of vets, EMTs, firefighters, police, teachers, and tons of other professions where they won't make a lot. I also don't really care for overpaid athletes even though some of them are my friends. They get paid $250k+ to throw a damn baseball. Good for them but they are overpaid.

I went to an expensive private school and my ex was an idiot take on $200k of debt to major in Philosophy in undergrad. She planned on doing a PhD which is another $100k. With a Philosophy PhD she would be teaching and making $40-$50k. Year, that's a stupid move. She could have just as easily gone to a public university, gotten a teaching degree and taught 3rd graders and make the same money with little to no debt. And it wasn't just her, most of her entire group of friends were in the same boat...

Will I inherit my dad's estate? Yeah. I'm his only son. But to say "most of these baller 20 year olds" inherited their bank accounts is a "pretty harsh thing to say. And that makes you a f'ing snob"

If you didn't have kids, you can afford a McLaren and that's the difference. If I had to pick between raising a kid or a Ferrari; I'd take the Ferrari every damn time. If you want to make this a d***-measuring contest on who has more cars/toys or a bigger house... I'll have you beat every time.

what you just wrote just proved that you are indeed a 20 year old snob. good for you that your daddy will give you everything he got more than I can ever have.

Quote:
Will I inherit my dad's estate? Yeah. I'm his only son. But to say "most of these baller 20 year olds" inherited their bank accounts is a "pretty harsh thing to say. And that makes you a f'ing snob"
If anyone can summarize, that's what you basically said. not by me, by you.

Quote:
Haha, I guess you're right about the "average" 20-year old.

Average income is $50k; but Engineering and Comp Sci is $60-$65k base. I know a couple of CAT adjusters at age 21 they are clearing $200k in income. That $50k number factors in the idiots that major in Philosophy and History, aka baristas.... pretty harsh to say.. you just called majority of people idiots just because you make more money than them. what a f'ing snob..

Once you factor in a decent school + decent degree, $75k is the minimum. Most of my buddies either went pro, big tech contracts in Cali, or took a exec role in their parents' company.

Those that went pro earned $100k-$800k. Tech guys not counting RSUs pocket around $120k-$180k factoring in relocation and bonuses. Those that took over the businesses:

One took over a metal stamping company, draws a $250k salary

One took over multiple dealerships, draws a $750k salary (also not 21, but like 30 almost)

Last one took over real estate portfolio, draws a $200k salary

So, yes... you're right about the average-20 year old pulling in $50k, but the average 20-year doesn't care abut an M5!
Anyone who has kids knows how ridiculous daycare costs are. If you thought I was showing off by mentioning it, you are too darn young to understand.

Quote:
If you didn't have kids, you can afford a McLaren and that's the difference. If I had to pick between raising a kid or a Ferrari; I'd take the Ferrari every damn time. If you want to make this a d***-measuring contest on who has more cars/toys or a bigger house... I'll have you beat every time.
with who's money? your mommy's and daddy's? while trashing talking about all the hard working people and who are in pursuit of what they love instead of their salary count? you young man need to come down your daddy's high horse and have some respect.

by no means I'm making this a d*** measuring contest. I'm 36, I don't have an M5 and I can't afford one yet. Hence why I'm in here asking how do early 20s own M5s. Do you realize what I got is something an average Joe can achieve with years of hardwork and responsibilities? There are many other self made individuals who are easily way well off than I am. On the other hand, owning an M5 in your early 20s is not something an average Joe can do.

2018 ///M2 LCI, Metallic Orange, 6MT, Exec Pkg, Apple.. Sold

Instagram: Tommys911

Last edited by termigni; 10-26-2017 at 11:30 AM..
Appreciate 0