View Single Post
      07-18-2020, 05:04 AM   #22
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenazaki View Post
I took the car out late yesterday afternoon (twenty four hours ) since I parked up, I didn't connect the battery to my trickle charger. The car started fine I drove for about ten miles and parked up. Two hours later I went to start the car and got message rapid battery discharge when stationary and she wouldn't crank over. I had to jump start the car. I had a look on Youtube about this problem and it seem to happen quite a lot for various reasons. One video I saw showed how to check what amps were being used when the car was shutting down. By connecting a multi meter to the disconnected earth cable on the battery making sure all doors were locked and flipping the boot (trunk ) catch to make the car go to sleep. I have tried this but the alarm keeps going off and I am not showing any amps on the multi meter which I have set up as shown on the video. Does anyone Know what I might be doing wrong. I have started to lose a bit of faith in my BMW service agents ability to diagnose problems.
Since it's been presumably doing this since the door handle problem I would say whatever it is,is connected to the door handle connections maybe via the ecu.
Someone else with an earlier 61 reg model with CE was having this problem and disconnected the handle but could still lock and unlock it by pressing the button on door handle though his battery was fine.
Appreciate 1