View Single Post
      12-31-2019, 05:05 PM   #1
Simple5
Major
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 and E84 X1 Xdrive35i

First time using Bimmercode: SUCCESS!! (Things I've noticed)

Just wanted to share my experience with Bimmercode. Purchased the OBD2 dongle on Amazon and paid for the full version of the APP. Easy.

-I put a trickle charger on my car overnight and battery was at 100%
-Left the trickle charger on the car and just turned on the "position1" without starting the car and left the driver door open.
-Turned Airplane mode on my phone (you must do this to avoid any interruptions during the coding process from phone calls, text messages, etc.)
-Opened the app and started coding away.
-During the process, my dash often switched on and off and at times errors would light up the dash like a Christmas tree (it works itself out but it gave me a heart attack nonetheless.)
-After I was done coding, I unpaired the dongle and the phone, removed the dongle, shut the car completely off, restarted it, and everything went back to normal.

Odd things that happened:
1) The dash lit up like a Christmas tree with every error you can think of (no worries, this is a part of the coding process).
2) All of my radio settings went bye-bye.
3) I had a Driver Side Restraint System Malfunction light that was always on and was driving me nuts (caused by a detailer who steam cleaned my seats) and after the coding, the light went away.

I am over the moon on how easy it is to code with just an app and a dongle and about 70 or so dollars invested. Unlike CARLY would have cost me hundreds and their ratings have tanked. Plus for some reason it got rid of that annoying SRS Light and code (I don't know how the heck that happened).

I just coded all the easy stuff but now I can experiment at my own leisure.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to those on the fence of getting this coding APP.
Appreciate 0