View Single Post
      05-28-2015, 09:18 AM   #32
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003 View Post
I'll promise you it will be a technical update of the S63 Tu . The current Tu even is worlds better than the S55 .Come on man technical marvel my ass , the revs are for show , it has no top end . Hell even with upgraded turbos , meth and race gas an M4 is slower than my tuned m6 with DP's intake . The Tu is the best turbo motor BMW has ever made , what I'll throw a brick over is if they keep producing uninspired chassis dynamics and 20 year old suspension geometry in all its M cars . Weight savings will be minimal due to feature bloat based on the 7 series data which had much less savings than originally claimed or usual M6 ~4000 lbs , m5 ~4200 .

I know you will probably be right, but I don't want you to be buddy.

Doesn't anyone care if M uses the same old technology and throws it in their new cars? Where's the innovation? Where's the creativity? Where's the bespokeness? While I agree that the S63tu is one of the best designs, we have to remember it wasn't a designed from scratch engine like the S85 was. I guess I'm still a little old school and still clinging to the old ways. Hard to let go and hard to embrace a future where M Division simply recycles, re-tweaks, or improves on an existing design in the name of cost savings, efficiency, and ease of design. No doubt the S63tu is a unit with massive potential though. It's a great engine, but I will always prefer something new and groundbreaking.

I also agree with your concerns about chassis dynamics and suspension designs.

Appreciate 0