08-20-2018, 11:25 AM   #24
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarjoo View Post
How are you finding keeping that external colour clean (I have the same on my current car), and swirl mark free? I have done well, until BMW one day decided to wash it with what can only be presumed to be fine sand paper....it came back to me looking like a driving hologram. So annoying.

Comfort access, my thoughts are the same, I have been trying to seek cars without it, but not sure if I should be that worried.

Your LED lights are they the ones known as BMW ICON LEDs? Those do look pretty hot and pretty rare from what I can gather.

And finally how hard was it to change (and how costly) your interior trim, as often a used car comes with trim you dont like but it would be a shame to rule a good car out for that reason.
I am pretty OCD with washing it so its been OK, its a pain with stone chips especially at the bottom of the front wings as the tyres are wide, ideally need to find something to cover them with, any ideas?

The LEDs are the upgraded ones from the Xenons their is only one option, I think the Icon LEDs are on the 3/4 series

The interior trim is very easy to take out but to get the carbon its expensive, I paid £1800 from BMW and it should be about £2500

Comfort Access is OK but if your car is left on a drive at night then maybe an idea to put your key in faraday bag (plenty on ebay)

You mentioned that you wanted soft close doors and heated rear seats, they are both very rare options and I would say not worth it at all.

As mentioned Comp Pack and M Multifunction seats are the top 2 options as well as sun protection glass for the looks
Appreciate 0