03-31-2018, 05:19 PM   #10
Used2be
Perennial PFC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 DG/Aragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotor_2000 View Post
Usage: so just line up under the jack points and press the button? Or press until it’s close... make sure it’s aligned and then let it rip?

Website says there is a mechanical lock once raised as a safety - do you feel comfortable with that? Also, can you leave the car in the raised position for extended periods?
I would always press until close and check alignment, with or without the rubber spacer! They say the mechanical lock is good, and even that you can disconnect the hydraulic lines once they are in place. They say it may be left for an indefinite period with the mechanical locks deployed. Good for my MI winters! Check out their FAQ section, pretty comprehensive.

Looked through pictures on the QuickJack website and saw one Porsche using the lift ACROSS the WIDTH of the car. I'd never thought of that, so measured the lift points on the M5 and they happen to be the same distance front to rear as they are side to side. Is that coincidence or is that BMW engineering making the chassis stiffer somehow?

Last edited by Used2be; 03-31-2018 at 06:09 PM..
Appreciate 0