View Single Post
      03-01-2018, 02:26 PM   #22
mlee4984
Slow M3 Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 ZCP

Been a while since I've updated this thread.

Nothing to spectacular, just beating it up as my daily driver. Have some KW HAS coming in the mail, I'll get that installed after vacation.

Did some pre-winter cleaning and found out my tires looked like this.

I have a pair of PSS for the fronts that I'll mount within the next few weeks.
Winter wheels on with some 15mm spacers in the rear. They are OEM BMW Style 408M 19" Squared on 255 Pirellis. I bought them with Plastidip already installed, will probably remove and powder coat them in dark gray over the summer.

Installed a FRM with rear fog light option.

One winter morning, I was driving and noticed a lot of smoke coming from the engine bay.

Dealer diagnosed the issue of leaking turbo coolant lines, shop foreman insisted that all pipes and rubber hoses be replaced, $1,200 for parts/labor.
I declined and did a search on here and it was an easy DIY. Unfortunately, they helped me wash the car even after I specifically told them not to since I detailed it a month back. Needless to say, I'm not going back to that dealership any time soon.

Before Coolant Leak Repair

After Coolant Leak Repair, notice that the new rubber hoses are a bit shorter than the ones that it replaced. Also added the gold foil tape for extra heat resistance to the rubber hoses. Not sure how well it works but for the extra few bucks... Why not...

Did the spark plugs and coil packs while I was in there. Not a fun job to get to the cylinders by the firewall... New K&N filters along with deleting charcoal filters.

Downloaded the Bimmercode app and got a Bluetooth OBD reader to code a few options on the car.
Still trying to see if we can do the Euro blinkers on the F10. I didn't see that option in Bimmercode.

2014 Citrin Schwarz Metallic M5
2005 Interlagos Blau Metallic M3

Last edited by mlee4984; 03-01-2018 at 04:04 PM..
Appreciate 5