01-17-2019, 08:21 PM   #16
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFiK - BMWClubUAE View Post
Sounds amazing!! Thanks for the update!! Cannot wait!!!

Is this safe for our engines to run such a number? I mean 660-670 whp is a very aggressive number here. I'm no expert but if this is safe and durable in the long run then it is interesting.

I'm interested to know more about this. Can you explain more please? Because if I tune my car I don't want to worry about my clutches slipping. My aim is to have my clutch last for at least 2 years without slipping.

1) What about fuel supply and cutout. From what I know non-CP cars have different fuel pumps and tend to cutout on high fuel pressures. Specifically the 2012/13 models (Pre-LCI and Non-CP).

2) What is the highest achieved boost value (at any point). Does it cross the 22psi barrier? Because that's the limit of stock turbos.

3) What are your thoughts and expectations on the numbers (whp/tq) for a car with catless DPs?

4) Also, are your posted values "corrected" or "uncorrected"?

5) What is the expected 100-200 time?

Thanks Shiv!
RAFiK - BMWClubUAE

Torque is what tends to break engines/bend rods. We're taking an approach that deliberately limits TQ to at or under 600 ftlbs. HP is only a measure of how FAST the work is occurring.

Keep in mind -- we drive/test our dev' vehicles HARD. These are not glory numbers just for publishing results. We test relentlessly on the street. With a well maintained car, we haven't experienced any issues so far.

We actually have a track day Monday where we'll really put this M5, other OFP tuned BMW F-Series cars, and our Ferrari 458, to work! Real world results.

1. We don't manipulate the fuel pressure targets. Haven't found a need to do so. Fuel pump is only working as hard as BMW intended from the factory.

2. We run a max of ~20.5PSI at redline. In the mid-range we're only at ~13.5PSI. We have not yet found a need to go higher than ~21 psi max.

Note: The stock turbos will generate more boost if you desire -- understanding how the tables work, and making the correct changes to achieve that goal is what can be hard. We've invested 100's of dyno hours in understanding exactly how this ECU works; as you may have noticed.

Going higher than ~15 PSI boost in the mid-range will most likely contribute to accelerated engine wear = tons of TQ --- we've tested just north and south of 700ftlbs in our dev' car.

3. Catless DP just aren't necessary in our testing. This day in age, it just isn't a viable solution because in our testing no power restriction exists from the OEM CATs.

Without the CATs, there'd maybe be improved spool up, but honestly -- WHY? We can generate over 600 ftlbs of TQ @ 2.5K RPM ... Again; anything more could attribute to accelerated engine fatigue, and only results in excess wheel spin =

NOTE: We are working to MAINTAIN street legal compliance, and have submitted our application with CARB/EPA which has the potential to make the OFT fully smog compliant.

4. If you look at the top right of the graph, you'll notice we use the same correction every other vendor has opt'd to use. STD at smoothing value of 5.

5. We'll be testing as soon as this rain clears up! We won't speculate on these numbers. --- We'll post actual results.

~Anthony

Last edited by OpenFlash; 01-17-2019 at 08:27 PM..
Appreciate 3