Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatcat View Post
I have it on my car, but I choose alcantara anthracite instead of matching platinum roof liner for a contrast look.
I like the deviated stitching on the dash. Surprised they didn't also put it on the upper part of the door panels.

What did you pay for that? I skipped it because they were quoting $5800 for the stitching.
Make long story short, this was the first time that BMW distributor in Taiwan accepted special order for contrast stitching ( they said no at first but at forum member's suggestion I contacted BMW Germany directly and they made the distributor accepted my request) but neither neither they nor I knew that contrast stitching on door panels is a different code and price.

So when the car arrived in Taiwan and I saw that the stitching didn't extend to the door panel, it was too late to do anything about it. My sales was surprised at how the stitching turned out too, so I couldn't really blame him.

As for price, since Taiwan has a huge premium due to taxes and different margins (Taiwan has only one BMW distributor and have stiff pricing) so I'm not sure the price here is an accurate reflection of what you might have gotten quoted in the US. Full leather option is $18,000, and contrast stitching for dash was $2700. I don't know how much the door panel contrast stitching cost since it was no use to me, the car was already in Taiwan, so I didn't ask.
Appreciate 0