View Single Post
      08-14-2020, 11:58 PM   #3
Mdifficult
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Blue, E82 1M White

Quote:
Originally Posted by technician117 View Post
I wish I could give a "concrete" direction for you. When I was reading your post, my first reaction was the same as the your mechanics. Cam sensor shorted, must be the issue and it's causing the boost codes.

So what driving condition is causing the DTM? Are you just cruising along? Is it when you "tip in" to the throttle that it sets off the DTM eventually?

Also, since the cam sensor was replaced, does that code return still?

When was the last time the car was serviced, specifically topside of engine such as spark plugs, coils, injectors, etc. The direction I'm taking this line of questioning is to see if maybe a DME connector wasn't quite seated correctly. Typically when that happens you will get a lot more faults, but anything's possible.
Hey, thanks for the suggestions - it’s seems you may very well be spot on!

Since I wrote the post above, the guys replaced the replacement sensor (to rule out a faulty replacement and then re-fitted/checked the connectors and..... so far, so good!

Hard to be certain because the issue is so random - can be WoT, cruising or zero throttle, high speed, low speed, Comfort, Sport+, you name it.

I’ve managed a 90 minute run and a few short runs since picking it up without issue (which bodes well) so hopefully sorted. I’ll update here either way.

Thanks again for the post
Appreciate 0