SapphireM5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 Sapphire Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTP1980 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireM5 View Post
Hey guys quick question, hoping someone can test this for me. I did my brake fluid flush as I was due for the service and I think I am being hypersensitive to brake pedal feel. The brake pedal feels perfect and stops on a dime while driving, nice and firm. If I stop in my driveway and hold the pedal, lift off the pedal and re apply light pressure on the brake pedal it feels a lot lighter. The pedal drops about 1/2" -1" when I re apply it very lightly. If the car moves 1' forward before I reapply the brake pedal is nice and firm again. I have a feeling it's the drive-off assist I am feeling as the rear calipers are slightly engaged until the car moves a little. Can someone just check there's for me to see if yours does the same thing please. I have bled the brakes several times w the power bleeder to make sure there's is no air. Thanks in advance guys!
I think what you might be describing is a result of the vacuum assist. This could be the case if it only occurs whilst the car is stationary, or off, because under driving use the vacuum is fully generated all the time. If the brakes are fine when driving, then I can’t see a problem.

Mine are due a fluid change. They feel soft, especially at the top of the pedal stroke, braking hard.. I’ll also replace the rubber hoses for braided for maximum improvement.
Thanks bud! Vacuum should be the same at idle so that should be good. My car only has 8k miles I changed it due to time. I'm thinking I'm feeling the drive off assist since while that's activated those pistons are pushing out so the fluid has yet to return causing that pedal feel for a second. Car stops on a dime, I feel like the braking has improved tremendously after the fluid change even though they were awesome before. Can you feel what I'm describing in your pedal? Thanks
'13 Black Sapphire Metallic - BPM Stage 1 Tune - RPI Exhaust - KW HAS Kit - 12mm spacers all around- Carbon Fiber front lip - High Kick Trunk Spoiler - Rear Roof Spoiler - IND Kidney and Fender Grills - 20% Tint all around 50% Front Windshield - PPF
Appreciate 0