View Single Post
      08-23-2018, 03:41 PM   #7
SapphireM5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 Sapphire Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaynos View Post
It's not a vacuum issue, as you said, the system will still be very effective at idle, the pedal will actually get harder if you pump it rapidly as it purges the servo.

Checked mine for you, as I mentioned in a previous post, I'm sure the auto hold maintaines the previous pressure and therefore holds the car still, if you touch the pedal again afterwards you have some free play before the pedal comes to a solid stop. If you move forwards or backwards then press the pedal again it feels normal. At that point the car had released the pressure and the pistons returned to their released positions.

I'm not sure how much you are pressing the pedal when you say it feels a lot lighter, maybe you are referring to the extra free play in the pedal. Try pressing it further and see if it goes solid like I mentioned.

Hope this helps.
Thanks so much for the help buddy! What I mean by light or free pedal is when I go to re apply the pedal while still stopped, the first 1/2" or so of pedal travel feels light then the pedal is firm from there on. That 1/2" of light pedal I believe is the pistons in the rear still pressing against the rotors on the "hold". Just wanted to confirm other members are feeling the same, so I can stop being so neurotic about it. But I must say the past year and a half I have owned the car I thought the brakes were awesome. Now they are awesome plus on steroids lol. Maybe it's just me but I feel like after the flush they are so much better. And my fluid was flushed two years ago by BMW. Thanks again for all of your help!!
'13 Black Sapphire Metallic - BPM Stage 1 Tune - RPI Exhaust - KW HAS Kit - 12mm spacers all around- Carbon Fiber front lip - High Kick Trunk Spoiler - Rear Roof Spoiler - IND Kidney and Fender Grills - 20% Tint all around 50% Front Windshield - PPF
Appreciate 0