View Single Post
      12-07-2018, 03:20 PM   #6
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitagarwal View Post
Yup, that makes sense. It seemed pretty clear to me that it works on non-CP M5, but less clear if it would work with M5 CP springs/etc.

I've also read a few reviews where drivers found the M6 to be more engaging and lively than the M5. I'm wondering if any of that could possibly be attributed to the slightly wider track?
I think it is combination of slightly lower centre of gravity, shorter wheelbase, 30kg lighter.

I checked through now on realoem, what I found interesting is that all parts are shared between F10 and F06/12/13 such as the axle carriers, suspension arms, sway bars apart from the springs. As you know of course the Comp Packs have different shocks and sway bars to non Comp Pack cars, but all of those parts are shared for all Comp Pack cars apart from the front springs where there is a small difference, the non-Comp Pack F06/12/13 have a bespoke front spring for each chassis, but the Comp Pack M6s all share the same spring, F06/12/13 although the M5 Comp Pack is different again. For the rear all 4 chassis use different springs.