View Single Post
      07-31-2019, 03:47 PM   #4
3ismagic#
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '19 330Xi M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnsatbhs View Post
Nice, looks really good. How easy was the ceramic coating to apply? I'm looking at applying CSL and Exo as well.
Overall it was pretty easy to work with.
you will want to make sure:
1) you do any paint correction etc. before applying the CSL. That because once its on its on and tough to remove and will 'lock' in any defects etc. So take the time to get the paint looking tippy top and free of swirls etc.

2) before application make sure you wipe the paint down with some kind of IPA solution (panel wipe, carpro eraser) to remove any polish/wax oils and residues to make sure the coating bonds with the clear coat.

3) work in small sections (I did the hood in 4 sections). Apply with a cross hatch pattern, let sit for a minute or so and them wipe off. it wipes off pretty easy. but you will want to make sure you get it all off/leveled so work in a well lit garage and or use an LED light to inspect each section before moving on to the next one.

I recommend a 2 MF towel. One for the initial wipe off to remove most of the product and then a final towel to make sure you get everything.

Once you do a couple of panels you'll get the hang of the product.

4) my kit came with gloves. wear them.

5) EXO was a tad bit more difficult to wipe off. It has a little bit more tendency to smear but it still comes off easier than most traditional waxes.

I found this helpful

Appreciate 0