View Single Post
      07-25-2022, 10:19 AM   #23
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
Thanks for taking my invitation to flame away. I appreciate your point of view but you really couldn't be further from the point as to what I am thinking or why I wrote the post.

Given your ability to decide for me how I am thinking I'm sure this response will result in some totally off base response from you. That's okay. Go for it if you must.

First, it's not strange at all to post something in an off topic forum and then explain why you feel that way. That's all I did here.

Second, your boiling it down comment is just plain off base. I am not one of those who is frozen in the past and hates everything new and wishes everything is as it used to be in the "good old days". That kind of thinking is not realistic. Things change and nothing is going to stop change. Living in the past and hating the future does not make sense to me at all. Why hate what precious time we have left on this earth because it isn't the same as it was before? Not me. Never once did I say pro sports should be like it used to be so I would be happy. I just said it can't keep on its current trajectory without some type of financial implosion. I don't expect pro sports to change for me. I simply won't partake anymore. They are free to dispense a product of their liking and I am free to not buy it. It's really that simple

Lastly, I posted because I was interested in knowing whether or not there are other forum members who are also fed up with what pro sports has become.
I suspect we probably agree more than you think. The amount of money in pro sports is ridiculous.

Since I'm an NBA guy, one of the things that cracks me up is all the players wanting a shorter season..........but they never seem to admit less games should equal less money. Or that means tickets will become even more expensive if they want to earn the same yearly salary for fewer games.

I was looking at a 10 game package for the fiance and I for the Thunder. $2500 for decent tickets.

Although now that I think about it, that's less per game than what we pay for season tickets to OK ST football. But that's supporting our Alma Mater, so I don't mind as much.
Appreciate 1
sygazelle11329.50