View Single Post
      08-04-2022, 03:56 PM   #31
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

I'm mostly with you man, but most of my ire is directed at the NBA. I used to follow basketball religiously, then when Lebron pulled his super team bs and Adam Silver became Commissioner, the league changed entirely. The game isn't the same and nor is the culture. The players I enjoyed watching during my youth retired, the new players are very self-centered in comparison and have far too much empower thanks to Silver's pussy a$$. They take nights off despite fans spending hundreds just to walk through the door, they jump ship from team to team, and worst of all they turned the league into a social justice/political circus. Their antics of 2020 was the final straw for me.

I'm still firm in the camp that sports should be a reprieve from all the political shitfest in our world. It has always been something that united us fans and players regardless of our personal differences. But nothing can be holy anymore in today's American society. EVERYTHING must be politicized, even my hobbies.

And in general, I just care about sports less than I used to. As I grew older I realized it's just another industry meant to extract my money. I do still enjoy the NFL and NCAA F (Go Blue). I've given up hope of my Lions ever winning anything, so I don't get as emotionally invested anymore. The NFL flag shit was bothersome but overall I feel the league did a much better job handling it than the NBA did.

Last edited by Germanauto; 08-04-2022 at 04:03 PM..
Appreciate 2
lakefront560.50
sygazelle11338.50