View Single Post
      03-31-2019, 06:47 PM   #34
94jedi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 M3

So I've been in the market for an F10 M5 for a while now...I came from an E90 M3 and an E46 M3. I've never experienced anything as engaging as the e90 M3...that S65 is pure magic...Slicktop, 6 spd manual...the M3 is such a drivers car. Unfortunately, I "thought" I needed more space and the manual was a PITA to commute in traffic. I sold it and started looking for an M5. On a whim, I went to the chevy dealer to look at Vette's, which even with deep discounts are still pretty pricey. The salesman then said - "how about a camaro". I almost puked in my mouth. He asked me to hear him out, so I did. He showed me an SS 1LE (i.e. not a ZL1) and threw me the keys. Let me tell you - not since my e90 have I experienced anything that engaging. It was a freaking riot. It put a huge smile on my face. I came back the following day for another test drive, thinking maybe it was the "newness" talking. I took the car home for 2 hours. What an incredible drive. The car isn't without its flaws but it blows away anything on the F8x platform...I haven't drive them at their limits but just having fun on the street? The SS 1LE takes it. It's "easier" to have fun with. It inspires more confidence. It feels more planted and composed. Since then, I've done a ton of research and I'm just one of many that have "discovered" the SS 1LE. Yes, there are faster cars, yes the visibility sucks and yes it's still a Chevy...but all that said, it's a monster and so much fun to drive. If the dealership gets to where I need to be, money wise, I may just say screw the backseat and utility and buy a freaking camaro lol. Still, My ///M flag will hang proudly in the garage lol.