View Single Post
      02-27-2020, 05:12 PM   #5
BMWM5NYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 Monte Carlo Blue M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320racer View Post
This is good information. I feel our M5s are somewhat finicky vehicles and we are contending with (as you have suggested) a balance in harmonics. We are contending with multiple aging/fluid variables (tires, wheels, rotors, suspension).

Are the pressures you are suggesting trial and error on your part, well known from other M5 owners or what was suggested by your local or BMW USA contact? I run typically between 33-35 cold PSI trying to smooth the ride. The plaque inside the door suggests 35 cold PSI but I will give a try running higher PSIs. I believe most (not all) of my specific steering wheel shake was due to my tires being much more worn than I thought.
Yeah worn tires will give you the shimmy. Yes the 38-39 psi cold at 70 degrees outside air temperature was a trial and error thing. Ride is a little harsher but it really reduced the vibration. Door jam actually suggests like 40 -41 if you drive over 100 mph constantly I like 37-39 . 34-36 gives more "sedan" type ride but it will shimmy at 85-95 unless tires are new.