View Single Post
      05-01-2020, 12:19 PM   #12
1320racer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullish657 View Post
Did you find out if this is frame damage? - thats the only time you would have shaking and heavily worn tires on the inside like this. Its not an alignment issue, and BMW certainly dont make M5's with shaky steering wheel at speed, not sure how you come up with this as an excuse - its a high performance car, it aint coming out of the factory with shaky steering at any speed. This is german BMW engineering, not a Chevy or Dodge (mine doesnt shake).

For safety reasons i wouldn't be driving above speed limits in it thats for sure its been in a bad accident.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullish657 View Post
Did you find out if this is frame damage? - thats the only time you would have shaking and heavily worn tires on the inside like this. Its not an alignment issue, and BMW certainly dont make M5's with shaky steering wheel at speed, not sure how you come up with this as an excuse - its a high performance car, it aint coming out of the factory with shaky steering at any speed. This is german BMW engineering, not a Chevy or Dodge (mine doesnt shake).

For safety reasons i wouldn't be driving above speed limits in it thats for sure its been in a bad accident.

Don't mention that someone else's vehicle has been in an accident and likely has frame damage without the knowing what the hell you are talking about!

You need to read from the first post onward before responding. I mentioned that the tires had many miles on them.

I completely disagree with your post...

"...for sure it has been in a bad accident."
"...this is frame damage."
"...that's the 'only' time you would have shaking and worn out tires"

Really! These things can't attribute to or cause shaking and/or worn tires?
-very aggressive driving?
-bent wheel(s)?
-warped rotor(s)?
-sticky/dragging brake caliper(s)?
-re-alignments due to worn suspension part(s)?
-defective and/or worn tire(s)?

This vehicle has never been in an accident and was inspected at an independent shop who primarily works on BMWs and a BMW dealer before I purchased it. Except for normal ware items, the car was deemed in excellent condition.

The completely worn out tires caused the shake. I know this because the tires now have just shy of 7k miles, have worn perfectly, and the vehicle still goes down the road with absolutely NO shake.

Past: 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2014 BMW 550i MSport, 2005 Jaguar S-Type R, 2000 BMW 540i, 1997 BMW 540i, 1997 WS6 Pontiac Firebird, 1992 Eagle Talon TSI
Appreciate 0