View Single Post
      11-28-2017, 04:35 PM   #27
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Well you need to be an accredited investor to get into a lot of the private investments. Your risks are higher and there are Madoff's type scams out there too.

I would talk to an wealth management person at a Merrill Lynch or UBS office first. Sure they'll sell you expensive investment shit, but they'll at least show you the way to get accreditation.

Basically you can't get accreditation without having to buy something first. No one will accredit you for free.

If you have questions about what AI means, PM me your cell and I'll call you with an overview. Don't worry, I'm not selling you shit.
Thanks again! I have portfolio management through Baird and will talk to them about it. Will follow up with you offline if I have other questions. I suspect, though, that this avenue may be a bit too involved and too risky for my relative lack of knowledge. The lure of higher returns is always there but at the end of the day I'm a total novice and have to know when to steer clear of investments mechanisms that require a lot of time, management, knowledge, etc!
Appreciate 0