View Single Post
      01-23-2015, 01:50 PM   #1
semler3
BeemerAddict
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550xi Dinan

2015 M5 Launch Control feature discontinued?

I brought my car to the dealer because I couldn't get launch control to work. I waited until after the first oil change to try using it as I wanted to be sure the car was well broken-in. The car has 9k miles on it now.

I had a 2013 M5 and used launch control at least a dozen times with no problem... so I know how to do it. And, just FYI, I had issues with my 2013 that couldn't be resolved, so BMW NA stepped up and put me in a new 2015.

The BMW center has had my 2015 M5 Comp Pkg. for 10 days now and cannot get launch control to work either. They have been told by the BMW field rep that it may be due to the tire temperature (latest TPM measures individual pressure and temp of tires) not being high enough, but he's not sure whether this is an interlock or not. No answer on this yet.

Today the dealership was told that the feature may have been discontinued. WTF? Really? The car's internal owner's manual has a whole section describing how to do it.

Has anyone else had this issue? Has anyone with a 2015 successfully used launch control? Anyone hear about it being discontinued? Look, I love BMW's and both my wife and I have had a whole bunch.... but why does BMW not know what's going on with it's cars?!

Last edited by semler3; 01-23-2015 at 02:11 PM.. Reason: Better title for thread
Appreciate 0