View Single Post
      09-11-2010, 11:20 PM   #19
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Conspiracy stories??? I've seen them discussed on some credible news programs and on the Internet. I don't believe it.

Reason why those people died
I don't in any way condone what the folks who orchestrated and executed the plane hijackings did. That said, there can be little doubt that the US government does do things that piss off people in other countries and that the US government is convinced of the infallibility of its policies, and there is no doubt that the US is clearly biased toward the plight of the Jewish Arabs rather than the Palestine Arabs.

Rider is correct, there is no GOOD reason why all those people died. Unfortunately, we live in an era where human nature is frankly little from what it was 75,000 years ago. When humans are pushed into a corner -- politically or otherwise -- they will lash out. There are, in the 21st century, many ways they can do so and unfortunately, it's just not possible to prevent every instance of their doing so.

So as long as the US government is going to piss off other governments and peoples (be it deliberately or by dint of ignorance or arrogance) , it's tacitly saying that it feels it can protect the greater majority of Americans, but there will be casualties as the attackers need to be successful only once and the US government knows it cannot thwart every attack. The laws of statistics guarantee as much. If there is any conspiracy, it's that the US government simply won't admit to the citizens that it finds the loss of some of them, from time to time, acceptable.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0