Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10, 2013 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bake View Post
My "boo-boo" wasn't that bad. Visually mine looks OK at a quick glance, but a grab with your bare hands reveals that the top, smooth layer of leather has been tarnished. It feels a little rough, but is is still black. My car is a non-M and I am interested in getting mine redone with Nappa leather with tri-color stitching. Do you know if Coby can redo the wheel in leather? Or do they only deal with alcantara?
I don't actually know if they can do leather, but by the looks of it, I am guessing not. But I'm sure that someone else out there in the world can do leather.
There is a guy in Latvia that some of the non-M guys have been using to do custom steering wheels. Upgraded leather, flat bottoms, combination of colors and textures (perforated leather, alcantara, etc). Just looking at different options. I know it isn't normally characteristic of a true sports sedan, but really want to get the top and bottom portion of my wheel done to match my anthracite trim (sort of like Lexus uses wood trim on the top and bottom) and the rest in perforated leather with tri-color stitching.
Appreciate 0