RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatcat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post
This would be interesting to see how the extra power and torque evens out with the extra weight of the hybrid batteries.

On a straight line, the weight penalty seems negligible in this case.......but what about in turns (e.g. Nurburgring)

We'll wait-and-see.....
Personally I think the Turbo S E-Hybrid is slower than the Turbo around the ring.

Weight is a giant killer in track time (most of the time anyways), hence even a regular M4 non CP was quicker at the ring than the M5 CP by SA's test. The Turbo S E-Hybrid Executive is at least 310kg more than the Turbo Executive (according official figures on Porsche's website), makes me hard to believe it will be able to overcome the Turbo on the track despite the HP and Torque advantages.

Plus I think if the Hybrid is even quicker than the Turbo, Porsche would have said it.

Of course I could be wrong, but if I am a betting man, I would bet the lighter Turbo is a better track performer.
Indeed. I mean we don't exactly see the Tesla P100D setting Nurburgring lap records with its 4,900lbs weight either. All anybody talks about the P100D are it's 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. Heavy cars can't turn.

Appreciate 0