Rep
Drives: BMW M5, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatcat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
I had a test drive of the Panamera Turbo last week. It is a fantastic car. It's handling and road holding is absolutely astonishing. I would say the cornering grip is 911 like and it's turn-in is even better. The steering is the best i've experienced and better than my 911 Turbo S.

The engine is also totally relentless. It reminded me a lot of the F10 M5 engine above 70mph which is high praise given that it is AWD with the same HP. And the lag is non existent and the best I have experienced from a Turbo engine so far.

Also the new nav interface is superb. Really quick.

I'm totally smitten with this car. However it is too expensive for a second car given its depreciation pattern, and while we could go for a 4S, my wife also doesn't want something with too low a ride height either. She's decided to wait for the new GLC63S Coupe.
Sport Auto had already tested the new Pam Turbo. And yes, the review said Pam Turbo drives like a four door 911. But it is slower than the current M5 and M6 in a straight line acceleration, likely due to downforce.
Maybe over a quarter mile but not 0-70.

Either way I'm addicted to cornering speed and in that this car really excelled.
Well you said above 70mph so I thought you were talking about acceleration after 70mph.
Appreciate 0