10-29-2018, 04:50 AM   #170
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shay2nak View Post
The screen is too large and it sure about it being offset. Are there accessibility features for the display? I use invert colors on my iPhone and turn the brightness down. It's the cheapest nicest looking EV. You're then left with Prius, Nissan, etc. I may end up leasing a Prius, but the acceleration figures for the TM3 are too good to overlook.

I live close to a supercharger station and just hanging out for 30 min gives me 170 miles so I don't even need to charge at home.

Looks great!
My Garmin GPS units for both my motorcycle and car use the inverse-color method for controlled brightness, so I'm familiar with the technique in an automotive setting. But with both of those devices, I can simply turn them off if they are distracting and still have vital information from a optimized color scheme at very low light levels. Where as from the little I know of the Tesla 3 display, the map stays lit all the time and the left side of the 1/5th screen (approx.) has the car's speed and other vital information displayed. If I know where I'm going, say like home after work and don't need the map, it'd be nice if the screen displayed only vital information in a dimmed setting.

Saab cars, before GM bought it, used to have a night time function for the gauge cluster that only lit the speedometer at night, and other gauges remained dark unless needed. Being the Tesla's screen is fully programmable, hopefully Elon sees fit to make it Customer configurable at some point.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 1
shay2nak1070.00